Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Surgery Postponed

Well I am a little agervagted with my insurance company right now.
Doctor put me on an all clear diet on Sunday and start the GoLYTELY which clears your system out. I started the drink on Sunday and didn't have my first bowl movement until 10 pm. I had to give it a helping hand with and Enema. It was the worst 2 days of my life. No food only jello and bouillon cube. 
On Monday I was waiting for the doctors office to call and give me a time to show up for my surgery for Tuesday. It was about 3 and no call so I decided to call my self. The surgery schedule lady told me she is still waiting on confirmation on the insurance. I was starting to get agervagted. I call the insurance company because they had plenty of time to get it together. They blamed it on the doctor office not getting all the paper work in. So about an hour later the doctors office call me back and told me that they faxed all the paper work weeks ago. The insurance company also gave them a confirmation number dated back for the 14 of July and a approval number on that Friday on there answering service. But when they called them back on Monday they told them they need more test results. The doctor office faxed all the papers to the insurance but it was to late and they had to cancel the surgery. This morning I get a call from the doctors office stating that the insurance sent the hospital the approval. The doctors office is upset about how the insurance company is acting. 
But on the good note the surgery is approved and they have all the paper work to do but I have to wait until August 4 to get the surgery done. And I have to go the all clear diet and GoLYTELY again. On the 28th I have to go and do the blood work done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment