Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Surgery a little late.

I went into hospital for surgery on August 4th for Total Laparoscopic Colectomy.
It started with anesthesia and then with the surgery. The surgery was only supose to last about 3 hours and took him over 6 hours to do. Anesthesia had to be done twice due to how long the surgery took. They made one large incision and 4 smaller ones on my stomach.  Then they began to remove the large intestine. They also removed the appendix. I went to recovery then the hosptial room. When the dr told my family about the surgery he said that the intestine was 7 1/2 feet long and a normal one is about 5 feet long. He also said that part of the intestine was the size of a 2 litter coke bottle. That I had a lot of scar tissue especially on my badder. The intestine was growing into the scar tissue and some of my other organs. He didn't want to have to cut me all the way open so that is why it took so long. He also said that this surgery was one of the hardest and he never seen anything like it before. I was in the hospital for 8 days.
I feel that my insides were a lot worse than I known. I thank the lord everyday for getting this fixed when I did because it would have been so much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment